The web is about to undergo the biggest disruption since its inception. Just as cloud revolutionised technology, video is about to do the same to websites.
Online video accounts for one third of all internet activity around the world – and news dominates 33% of all video content.
Within the next five years, websites are predicted to transform into online television channels. The website as we know it, will become an online TV channel – broadcasting episodic content on a regular basis, anchored across the social media channels.
Video replacing static text and images is an eventuality, not a possibility. Online video programming is where the technology, money and opportunities are headed.
We are at the helm of this revolution. We are ahead of the disruption.
We are looking for innovative minds to join us.
Cloud Moves TV is an online technology channel producing tailored and bespoke corporate news programming for large IT companies.
Due to the rapid growth of Cloud Moves TV, we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate Broadcast Journalists to join our team.
What the role entails:
- Engaging with clients to assimilate what content they want covered each week
- Turning press releases into copy suitable for broadcast
- Condensing company news into short, succinct and snappy news items
- Contributing story ideas for fresh and innovative content
- Interviewing C-Level executives for programming material
- Reading scripts fluently, confidently and professionally off autocue
- Ensuring the client is satisfied with each bespoke news segment
- Creating on-screen text Edit Guides for Post Production
- Working closely with the Managing Editor to ensure continuity across all our output
- Educated to degree level in Broadcast Journalism (2:1 minimum) / NCTJ Certified
- The ability to write copy suitable for broadcast within a sensitive time bracket
- Experience in interviewing individuals on camera
- Experience researching individuals of interest and scripting questions
- Proficient writing skills; able to quickly dissect news items and press releases
- A sound knowledge of Media Law
- A solid understanding of current Ofcom regulatory guidelines
- An aptitude for identifying prominent technologically related stories
- A strong, natural and controlled broadcasting voice
- A confident, calm and captivating presence on camera
Cloud Moves TV is an ever- expanding tech start-up with a growing audience. We pride ourselves on creating exceptional content within a high-energy environment. If you are a driven and enthusiastic Broadcast Journalist, please send your CV and a brief cover letter detailing why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position.
Contact: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org