We are looking for an experienced AngularJS Developer to join our Development team, to build the next generation of Touchnote’s website.
Touchnote is the world’s most popular postcard-sending service. We were ranked the 9th fastest growing technology company in the UK in 2015 and the 31st fastest growing in EMEA in Deloitte’s Fast50 ranking.
Our mission is to become the most meaningful way for family and close friends to stay in touch.
We started in 2008 in London and have since sent millions of personalised cards worldwide. Our apps and website have been featured in the world’s leading press, in Google Play and iTunes, and on grandparents’ fridges worldwide.
Our app is available on the iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles and tablets as well as on touchnote.com.
We are looking for an AngularJS Expert to lead our development team in the development of a web client for our award-winning platform. Your primary focus will be the on-going development and improvement of the web interface as it reflects the native mobile clients. This will require modular development and a thorough understanding of service-based architectures as well as a strong understanding of CSS3 animations, code optimisation/profiling and test-driven development.
We work with Angular 1.4/1.5 and will look up move our code base to Angular 2.0 when it’s ready and mature. We take full advantage of HTML5 and are looking for someone who understands its strengths, its weaknesses and how to get things working across multiple devices, platforms, resolutions and orientations.
- Ongoing development of the web client using AngularJS and CSS
- Code optimisation and profiling to ensure high performance on mobile devices as well as desktops
- The development of tests, documentation and mockups
- Mentoring, code reviews and support of junior developers
- Integration of external services (eg. Braintree), where necessary
We’re looking for someone who
- Is experienced with lean methodology, ideally at a start-up.
- Has genuine love for beautiful product design, a good eye (or two), and an insatiable desire to improve the user experience and user happiness of everything around us.
- Is passionate about Touchnote and our mission to be the best way to send meaningful messages and gifts to the people you care about.
- Expert AngularJS 1.4/1.5 (particularly with regards to UI Router, custom services, and directive and factory-based development)
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders, other developers and other staff in a professional and competent manner
- Experience developing front end clients/applications in a modular and extensible way
- Experience developing data-driven services
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with build tools like Grunt/Gulp and Sass/Less
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures, including the delegation of responsibilities between layers
- Experience developing reusable components (directives) in AngularJS
- Experience writing documentation for use by other developers
- Experience with continuous integration environments and deployment to Amazon Web Services
Nice to Haves
- Experience coding for Node.js
- Experience with code uglification, minification and compression
- Experience working in a structure similar to John Papa’s Angular Style Guide
- Experience working with Angular 2
- Experience profiling/optimising for mobile web browsers
For more information, please send us your CV and a short cover letter.
We will invite successful applicants for an introductory call.