Forget everything you know about traditional money transfer companies. We’re WorldRemit. We’re different. And by tackling the high-fee culture that prevails in the industry, we’re changing the way people send money abroad. Our focus is on providing a mobile solution that offers a simple, user-friendly experience, combined with the widest range of receiving options at an international scale.
Why join us?
You will be fast tracking your career and applying your skills to enrich people’s lives by connecting people, in one of the fastest-growing companies of the FinTech space. WorldRemit is making a global impact by giving people the power to share money anytime, anywhere.
What’s the role?
Reporting into the VP of Marketing, this new position will leverage our presence across offline media, and complement the online presence we’ve been achieving. You will work closely with the online team, as well as the communications and CRM teams to ensure consistency on the brand messaging and marketing strategy.
Key areas of focus will be to:
- Improve awareness and consideration of our brand at the top of the conversion funnel
- Connect the dots between our digital product and the offline remittances space, positioning WorldRemit as a tech company, but ultimately a human solution
- Work with the BI team (you’ll have a good econometrics understanding) to ensure all major initiatives are assessed against solid KPIs to measure brand awareness, brand recall and the whole activation cycle
- Develop and maintain an engaging customer brand proposition a
- Have an active role in our brand and guidelines exercise, including visual identity, brand positioning, tone of voice and brand attributes, across the entire customer journey
- Collect and assess customer insights, market trends and competitors landscape, whilst creating a strategic plan based on these analyses, covering 3 key elements: a clear and distinctive brand direction, effective OOH media planning globally and management of WorldRemit brand ambassadors’ initiative
- Lead and build the offline team
- Create and execute the offline strategy for our brand globally across our main markets
- Be responsible for all offline media budget and planning, including agency management, as well as community outreach
- Identify, source and manage brand ambassadors and community leaders to scale up our current offline affiliate campaigns to a global reach. Community leaders heavily influence the people we target, so having their support is essential
- 7+ years’ experience in offline marketing and branding advertising, with in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of our key markets. Prior to this, you should have experience in brand building or communications and in bringing an online brand to the offline marketing world
- Previously worked in a global B2C company, preference to a high volume business with global targeting
- Entrepreneurial and proactive, you like being hands on and you are strategic, dynamic and innovative, whilst remaining results driven
- Experience in creating and delivering media plans across different media
- Have a good mix of analytical skills and visual creativity, as well as strong attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills, and ideally have already established close contacts with media agencies, media owners, publishers and networks worldwide
- Solid experience in team management and leadership
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills and fluent in English (French and Spanish are a plus)
- Experience of measuring and implementing the right KPIs for brand awareness and position